Sunday 5 June 2011

A place for all my Welsh work

Ever thought you 'belonged' somewhere else?

My Welsh grandfather moved to the South of England with his Dorset bride and as other distant relatives passed the link to 'home' slowly evaporated.



Drawn by something I can't understand or explain I moved to North Wales and planted a very small but enthusiastic seed. This was just a tiny step in the right direction.

However, mission was well and truely accomplished when, this week, my 12 year old daughter won Gold at Eisteddfod yr Urdd. Now, I appreciate that this may not mean much unless one understands it's context. I have made every effort to learn the beautiful language that is Welsh with some success, as has my wife.

However, for a child of two first language English speakers to learn 'everything' in Welsh is an astonishing achievement. To get through local rounds with her school choir singing entirely in Welsh and be chosen to represent the region is something else. To then go to Swansea to sing-off against all the other regions in Wales and get selected to appear on TV in Wales's top three is out there somewhere with the cookoos.
Then to win, well, I've run out of words...


This, I think, is the time to put all the work that appeals to my Welsh customers in its own special place. So, today I've launched 'Calon Cymraeg : Welsh Heart' to run along side Phoenix on facebook and be neatly packaged here on my website.

Handcrafted gifts and decorations, all glass, all Welsh, all from the heart!

3 comments:

  1. Cudos to your daughter! I learned some French, German & Spanish in high school but Welsh & Gaelic confound me.�� (Your work is new to me but beautiful...I can looking for rats & am now exploring your site.��)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really amazing to know that your 12 daughter has mastered Welsh so soon. Its a difficult language. Yet she did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete